Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Still singing.

Our family is going on another adventure.
We've been on this trip before.
But now we are a team.
And Kate is leading the way, cheering us on in song.
Lord, make me a servant, humble and meek. Lord, let me lift up those who are weak. And may the prayer of my heart always be "make me a servant today".

We found out on the Friday before the July 4th weekend that Travis' division was eliminated in a restructuring at his company. Without much warning, we are in a put on this road of unemployment again. Last time, we were living on my part-time income and Travis was in school; we found out Travis lost his job last time the beginning of September and we found out we were pregnant with Kate a month later. This time, I have to admit, it is a little more scary initially that you are without a primary income when you have a house and two children.

But Kate is singing. And we are too. She sings for us all as we depend on the great Provider.
We have never gone hungry or been without a bed to sleep in. God has always been faithful to us over these past five years for employment.

There are many signs of God's faithfulness. He provided a baby grand piano for us unexpectedly as a  permanent "loan"-- this reminds us to sing in the midst of trial. He provided 10 days of work for me on short notice at the hospital. He also provided for my Dad his third job in a year in a bad economy. Travis also has three great job leads as well as a much larger network than the last time.

Pray for us that today we would continue to sing.

No comments: