Thursday, May 10, 2007

According to...

I just had to put this one in from my Tante Bobbie, my spry 91 year old aunt in California. (She really isn't my aunt but my dad's mother's cousin, who incidentally, introduced my Oma and Opa to each other at one of her famous Sunday church lunches!) She is still busy with life-- all of her "greats" keep her hopping. She recently went on the teacups at Disney Land and "felt like a teenager" she writes in her monthly letter to me. What an inspiration. What a hoot.
Here's her clipping for the month:
Dear Abby: So many people can't seem to get off the couch and into an exercise program. May I offer the following "Exercise Program for Lazy People"?
  • Jumping to conclusions
  • Beating around the bust
  • Climbing the walls
  • Passing the buck
  • Dragging my heels
  • Pushing my luck
  • Making mountains out of molehills
  • Hitting the nail on the head
  • Running around in circles
  • Climbing the ladder of success
  • Opening a can of worms
  • Starting the ball rolling
  • Jumping on the bandwagon
  • Picking up the pieces
  • Going over the edge
Dear Anne: What I like best about your "exercises" is they require no particular talent and no expensive equipment. However, my favorite wasn't listed: Putting your foot in your mouth.

No comments: