Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Christmas Thought Two

Isaiah 46: 9 "for I am God, and there is no other, declaring the end from the beginning and from ancient times things not yet done."

This morning I am reminded by this verse of waiting. I think we all have experienced waiting for events or things to begin or end. This year I am freshly aware of how God has beginnings and ends for all things according to His good will. I always just wanted the process to be over and to get the result. Those years I was "house-less" and "child-less" and "spouse-less" are over. I have a wonderful husband, a funny daughter and one child on the way, and a beautiful home. The lessons the Lord taught me in those seasons were truths to LIVE. He taught me that patience isn't about just waiting until you get what you want or think you deserve-- it is about accepting what He gives, when He gives it. The delay was always Him waiting to provide something better, richer or fuller. As we celebrate Christmas, let us wait on Christ. Let us wait for His goodness, His richness and His fullness, not just the gifts He gives His children.

No comments: