Thursday, February 03, 2011

Sehnsucht

Read this blog.
I just finished reading her book, and it has won my heart with its poetry and prose, the content and the disclosure. She is an amazing gift herself as a writer and a champion of true Christian joy in life.
Ever heard of sehnsucht? It is a word that describes a deep longing, a mania, a true yearning--and I ran across this word in both her writing and Tim Keller's book, Prodigal God. As I finished both of these books this week I was so excited to read how they both use this German word to describe our need to fill our longings with that which is eternal. Ann though gives us a great way to begin living that way, by giving thanks. So I too, along with a body of believers, am looking for God's blessings in each and every moment, both beautiful and ugly, and trying to see it as a reflection of His goodness.

2 comments:

Diane said...

Yes, it is my fav! I am savoring every page.

Jonalee said...

Hi Nora,

I literally just put this in my cart at Barnes and Noble and came over here to see some of your other book recommendations when I saw this post. =) Glad you liked it.