Monday, November 13, 2006

Welcome Home

My dining room decorated for the fall.

After an intensely busy past month, I am finally home again.
This is my one day off after the West Women's Regional Conference before a full week of work again. Brett comes on Saturday(we can't wait, Brett!) and then comes Thanksgiving...then we have two weeks before we head back east again for the Christmas holidays.
But... I have a little catching up to do on the blogs. So this week is dedicated to the updates from this fall season.
Travis and I have a new morning schedule. We get up at 5:30 together, have devotions and prayer, then I get the computer for an hour while he works out. So, I am typing away on the couch while I hear the weight clinking and changing in the office. I am wrapped up in a quilt with the morning light behind me coming from my front window. The oatmeal in my bowl is half done and my coffee is probably cold. It's a beautiful fall day. The temperature last night probably reached the lower 40s (although I can't tell because I need a thermometer for outside...hint: my birthday and Christmas are around the corner!)
I am recently inspired from Isaiah 61 and Psalm 65 with their wonderful rich images of the fall time splendor that reflects the Designer:

Isaiah 61:11 For as the earth brings forth its sprouts, and as a garden causes what is sown in it to sprout up, so the Lord God will cause righteousness and raise to sprout up before all the nations.

Psalm 65:9-13 You visit the earth and water it; you greatly enrich it; the river of God is full of water; you provide their grain, for so you have prepared it. You water its furrows abundantly, settling its ridges, softening it with showers, and blessing its growth. You crown the year with your bounty; your wagon tracks overflow with abundance. The pastures of the wilderness overflow, the hills gird themselves with joy, the meadows clothe themselves with flocks, the valleys deck themselves with grain, they shout and sing together for joy.

There is so much bounty to give thanks for. All the details of our lives, the stories, the adventures are so rich with the provision of the Lord. I hope the stories from this week remind us all as we approach Thanksgiving, that in, through and about every event in our lives, God is working to reveal his great Splendor.

No comments: