Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Cock-a-doodle-do

It's time!
My rooster crowed for me at 5:30 am sharp ....
It was his first vocalization as a full-grown male...
he must have got the news...I am one year older...
The year has gone by so fast. Here is the Scripture that I have read for most of my life; it graced my highschool announcement and it has been in a frame in my room for almost ten years now. Nana gave it to me in a card last night at the Shank family night, where we started off the celebration early. It was my meditation for this morning and it spoke great faith into my heart as a prayer for the coming year. I am praying for wholeness in my heart and life as I walk out the good plans God has for me and my husband.
Jeremiah 29:10-14
"For thus says the Lord... I will visit you, and I will fulfill to you my promise and bring you back to this place. For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for wholeness and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will hear you. You will seek me and find me. When you seek me with all your heart, I will be found by you, declares the Lord, and I will restore your fortunes and gather you from all the nations and all the places where I have driven you, declares the Lord, and I will bring you back to the place from which I sent you..."


4 comments:

Wagner said...

Happy Birthday Nora!!

Janell

Anonymous said...

I am so glad it was a blessing to you! I had no idea that this scripture was one of your favorites. Nana

Rachel said...

Happy Birthday, friend! Hope you had a great day!

iamchanelle said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY???!!!
we need to have a celebratory [belated] cup of coffee my friend. :)