Friday, August 24, 2007

Finishing the To-Do List

There are three projects on my to-do list after the quilts:
1)Dress
2)Chairs
3)Wedding album
The wedding album is 90% complete, and awaiting some tweaking from creative friends.
And today, I did 75% of #2-- the chairs. A long time ago, I saw a picture of Reese Witherspoon's beach house. She had a white table with mismatched chairs surrounding it, all painted black. When I borrowed the Shank's round table to use as our dining table, I faced a challenge to find chairs. So I adapted the mismatched idea. I purchased 4 raw chairs on craigslist, which I stained. Then I found 3 iron chairs, which I recovered and painted. The last 4 we purchased were steals from Goodwill Half-price Saturday. But they lacked good, comfortable seat bottoms. I planned to recover them with a modern take on Shaker-style woven bottoms. So, I bought off Ebay thick twill tape. In February.
The long term plan worked out.
Mostly.
I ran out of tape.
But I have three chairs!
And I consider that project DONE.
I'll figure out what do to with the extra chair frame later.

2 comments:

tessa said...

Looking good Nora. As one newly wed with tons of projects on my hands, its encouraging to know they can be done. I'd love to know what you did for your wedding album too.

iamchanelle said...

of course, because you aren't busy enough with all those projects, i thought i would tag you for another. :)
and the chairs look GREAT. way to go!