Monday, July 20, 2009

Cultish

You could say I have a following.
Some people read my blog for my daughter.
Some people peruse it for nutrition advice.
Most people are just curious.
And a few people prod me until I give them these kinds of recipes.

My mother didn't make cookies for us growing up except occasional oatmeal raisin for my Dad, but she always made muffins. These were one of those food moments that I remember my very first bite of all those years ago. The smell is incredible. They freeze beautifully and they are by far the best muffin I have ever had, hands down. Once again, from the one and only Frog Commissary:

Coffee Walnut Chocolate Chip Muffins
- makes 1 pan of 12 and 1 pan of minis

1/2 cup unsalted butter softened
1/2 cup white and 1/2 cup brown sugar
3 Tbs. instant espresso powder
2 tsp. vanilla extract
2 eggs
2/3 cup milk
1 3/4 cup flour
1/2 tsp. salt
1 Tbs. baking powder
3/4 cup chocolate chips
1 1/2 cups coarsely chopped walnuts

Preheat the oven to 350F. Line muffin tins with paper liners or grease
well. Cream butter and sugars together until light in color. Add espresso powder
and vanilla extract. Beat together eggs and milk. Whisk together dry ingredients
(flour, salt and b.powder) seperately. Add dry and wet ingredients, alternating.
Mix until barely combined. Add chocolate chips and walnuts. Mix again briefly.
Fill tins with a 1/2 cup scoop or until 3/4 full. Bake 20-25 minutes. Cool 5
minutes (do not skip this step) and remove from tins. Let cool.

No comments: