Wednesday, February 17, 2010

The Zoo
















My parents joined us by narrow escape between Maryland snow storms for a nine-day visit to enjoy Arizona's liquid gold sunshine.

Today we headed to the Phoenix Zoo. We have loved belonging to the zoo and being able to go for just an hour and a half-- it's enough to go and see the major animals, get a good walk in and not ruin nap time! I am looking forward to being able to take the kids all this year-- in the summer they have a water-park to beat the heat.

My parents treated Kate to the experience of feeding the giraffes and the merry-go-round. I thought Kate might be scared of the giraffes, but she loved it. She did not, however, like the merry-go-round. "Stop, pease, stop" was all she could say once she realized that the lion went up and down, AND around and around.

ps...Emily we miss you!

1 comment:

Michelle L said...

I love the picture of your monkey with the monkey! ;)