Thursday, October 18, 2007

Virginia is for ...

-eating donuts at the beach (the true, one and only, Atlantic beach)
-watching the Shank's history in musical parody
-laughing with all of Janis' "crazy ladies"
-visiting Travis' childhood stomping ground.
-seeing Steve enjoy Bob Hughes and his boys jam
-kissing Sarah Huckaby's new baby girl
-smelling boxwood in Williamsburg
-Sweet Potato Muffins at Christiana Campbell's Tavern
-sipping Illy coffee with my mom and sister
-enjoying both families around one table for dinner (yea! here comes Thanksgiving too!)

What a wonderful trip we had! You can see the pictures on the Flickr site on the side bar. I am so blessed that I have such a wonderful inheritance: from both sides of my families. It is a sweet fulfillment of the promise God gave me before I moved from Isaiah 54:2
"Enlarge the place of your tent,
and let the curtains of your habitations be stretched out;
do not hold back; lengthen your cords
and strengthen your stakes.

I have so much to be grateful for: a Godly heritage, wonderful history and legacy built into local churches, fabulous family friends, and I have gotten it on both sides!

5 comments:

Janelle Shank said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

As one of Janis's "crazy ladies", I loved having you all here and in my home! What a special gift for a special weekend.

Kate Van said...

I'm glad to have spent a little more time with you and your family. The pictures you took look great- seems like Williamsburg was fun.

Kate Van said...

glad to have spent time with you and your family. You guys are so gracious and easy to hang with. Looks like Williamsburg was fun . . .

EJJ said...

the scripture from Isaiah is the exact one that the Lord used to encourage me towards maintaining fellowship before I entered the fall semester. It is a great one! :)