Friday, January 23, 2009

Makeup rescue

While I sat in the salon, I got to catch up on magazine reading... ahh....so relaxing.
And I ran across this article that tells you how to rescue your makeup that breaks. Finally! A solution that works for the cheapskate in me. I cannot tell you how it breaks my heart and irritates me that I have to throw away a pressed shadow or powder that breaks from a fall in the bathroom or too many trips in my purse.
Here were their ideas:
1) for the broken eyeshadow, mix a dab of vaseline with the shadow until a paste forms and place into a makeup sample cup for a creamy eye color.
2)for the broken powder, crush with the back of a spoon in a bowl and then place into a powder sifter available at Sally's Beauty Supply.
3) for the broken lipstick, melt a jar of carmex in the microwave for 30 seconds, then mix in the broken lipstick and then replace into the carmex jar for a tinted lip color.

No comments: