Friday, May 22, 2009

A ten year affair


One knee is frayed and ripped. The other has worn through. The thighs have faded into a beautiful white and blue cross hatch. They slide on without effort. They wash and dry perfectly. They have been with me through thick and thin, literally. I wore them through almost every year in college all the way through most of my pregnancy.
Paper and Denim cloth jeans are the best. The thickest denim that wears like iron and fits perfectly. Online, they call them a "cult" jean.
I bought them ten years ago. Before jeans were cool. My friend, Elizabeth, the only sorority girl I have ever known well, had a pair. I was hooked.
I had looked for them in stores, but they don't sell them anywhere. My husband found some new ones for me online. I think he figured I was due.
They are a sweet price too. Not overpriced like some of the other popular ones.
I kept the lightest ones. Perfect for a summer jean.
But now that I know they are on bluefly.com, you better believe I'll be adding to the collection more than once every ten years. Especially when it comes wrapped and put in this beautiful blue bag with a coupon for next time :)

1 comment:

Alissa said...

just in case you didn't know, Nordstrom and Nordstrom Rack sells them too... :)