Monday, January 30, 2006

Plans Well Laid

Titles are so apropos. I can't help myself. Travis and I did our three month planning yesterday afternoon. But we didn't lay any eggs. Neither did the chickens (I think its too cold for them)Yesterday was historic for other reasons as well-it was our first Sunday service as a married couple.

I started my personal planning on Friday morning with grocery forms and meal plans and exercise plans. Travis and I sat down yesterday afternoon and planned together. We divided it into the various categories of our life and planned goals for each one of them. We planned everything from date nights to budget plans. Most exciting to me of course is when we are hosting with food. We want to have two couples over for dinner each month. Plans well laid for our dazzling and exciting life together.

We also planned trips and travel. As a new transplant to Arizona away from my family and friends, this is strange to me. Travelling for the holidays is something I've never done. This morning the idea sat like a brick in my stomach. It is difficult to think just about being near. Now just to be close, I have to plan. But Prv 16:9 says:
"The heart of man plans his way, but the Lord establishes his steps."
I know the Lord will establish me, as it says in 1 Peter 5:
"the God of all grace who has called you to his eternal glory in Christ will himself restore, confirm, strengthen and establish you."

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You also might want to visit girltalk.blog.com to hear what Carolyn and the girls have to say about planning this week.