Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Permanance

As I have been thinking about my life lately, I am trying to rejoice in the permanance of my salvation and hope. This is especially relevant after the death of two young women I have had the priviledge of knowing while they battled cancer: Madonna, from my old church, and Amy, a previous caregroup lady, who died yesterday. My friend Rachel reminded me of this great quote from the Gospel Primer.
For the Gospel is the one great permanent circumstance in which I live and move; and every hardship in my life is allowed by God only because it serves His gospel purposes in me... The good news about my trials is that God is forcing them to bow to his gospel purposes and do good unto me by improving my character and making me more conformed to the image of Christ.

No comments: