Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Baby Update: Week 11

Joyful update on the baby today. We went to our appointment yesterday and heard the heartbeat: a strong heartbeat at 177 beats per minutes. My heart rate was elevated too though-- instead of it's normal below-normal 90/60, it was 120/60. I had been running around at work trying to get over to my appointment and then mounted the two flights of stairs up and down from the kitchen and then more stairs to get to the Dr.'s office. I sat down after I checked in, turned two pages in a magazine and they said, "Come on back". My heartrate definitely did not have time to drop. Then I jumped on the scale and it showed I had lost 1/2 a pound, which wasn't a surprise since I haven't been working out as hard or as much. My tummy is definitely thicker though but no bump yet. My mom said she didn't show until 4 months. That means I have 5 more weeks to use my regular pants: yes!
For the baby, development continues on bones and joints. At this stage, the head is about 1/2 of the body size. The baby's irises develop this week and finger nails appear. The baby weighs about 7 grams.

2 comments:

C. said...

WOW! I did not know... SO WONDERFUL! Congrats, my friend. What an amazing journey is ahead of you. I look forward to more updates :)
- Charisa

b_p_jansen said...

<3 you