Tuesday, June 13, 2006

One of my goals has been to get out of my food rut and try some new recipes. Usually, I can just menu plan and wing it based on what I feel like. The other night I cooked a paghetti squash that I had and decided to use a recipe from The Frog Commissary Cookbook I ran across while I was looking up recipes for our Dinner Club. This cookbook is one of my all-time favorites; it was a lovely present I might add from Miss Emily when she came to visit me.

Spaghetti Squash with Carrots, Red Peppers & Basil
1 small spaghetti sqash, baked and shredded
2 T corn oil
1 cup julienned red peppers
1 cup julienned carrots
1/2 t/ salt
1 T/ sugar
1/4 t/ pepper
3 T. rice vinegar
1/4 cup basil, chopped
1/4 cup roasted peanuts, chopped
---
Saute the carrots and red pepper oer medium high heat for 2 minutes. Add sugar, salt & pepperand blend well. Add squash and continue to stir-fry until very hot. Sprinkle on vinegar and blend well. Remove from heat. Add basil and garnish with chopped peanuts.

No comments: